Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Food & Wine Festival and Mickey's Halloween Party!

So I'm sure you are curious what plans we made with removing the countdown for the cruise and this title.

We did some talking and decided that since this will be the last big vacation we take for over a year that we wanted to do something bigger than a cruise to places we have already been numerous times already.

We tossed around the idea of flying to Florida and taking Disney's new ship the Fantasy and going to the East Caribbean. We also looked into the opportunity to go to the Food & Wine Festival that Epcot has and also go to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party instead. Well as the title says it, we chose another trip back to Disney after comparing pricing on both. We are going to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort this time. So it gives us a chance to check out a different resort. Woot!

We were discussing things we know for sure we want to book for dining reservations as those will open up in two months. Hard to believe that.

We know we are going to do Kona again for breakfast and we want to try it for dinner. We are also going to try and book O'Hana for dinner and possibly look into the Spirit of Olaha Show at the poly for dinner as well.

We are thinking of having one day that we spend just at the hotel and utilize the resort pool all day and then go to downtown Disney for dinner that night and Disney Quest.

We know we will get tickets for the Halloween party one night that we are there as that is a separate ticket. So excited for this. We are going to put we are celebrating birthdays as well since mine will be that month and Ian's will have been the month before.

I have a bit of time before I will start planning out our days at which parks. We are thinking of going a Monday to a Monday this time because it's cheaper for airfare and going the Monday after my birthday and coming back the following Monday.It will be a little difficult as we generally will do a shift swap in August/Sept so no idea what our shifts will be so I will likely put in vacation requests when Oct becomes available with what my shift is currently and then just change the dates once we get the official shifts in the future.

We know we are going to take a week and a few days this time again as well. Probably the day before and two days after we fly back unless we just naturally have like Mon/Tuesday off...Only time will tell in the future.

So if anyone wants more information regarding the trip let us know. We are always game for others to possibly join us.

That's all for now.


Our countdown ticker for now Ticker

No comments: