Monday, October 11, 2010

"I don't want to work, I just want to bang on my drum all day"

So, anytime this song plays on the tv for the carnival commericals I can't help but smile. It makes me excited for the upcoming trip. We did find out recently they are putting on blackouts from around the time before turkey day to December 17th at this time. We will see if then extend it or call it off sooner. We managed to get our queue's zeroed out this last week so hopefully they can stay that way.

Either way we have our time off approved for the cruise which is what matters.

The only thing that bites is we likely won't be able to go to my brothers wedding. =( due to the black outs. We will see.

The other exciting news is our friends Heather and Justin may be going on the cruise with us. We all went to IHOP one night after work for some coffee, breakfast and chit chat. They were asking us about it and the costs, etc and then when they realized it wasn't that bad, they said depending on how big their christmas bonus is they may get to go with us. It would be fun to have someone our own age with us on the cruise. I just hope if they go they like it as much as we do. We will see. Either way Ian and I will be on that ship in 111 days from today. That's what my countdown on royal caribbean's site shows for the timer to embarkation.

I have my birthday a week from wed. We might go to a movie on the Tuesday before at our nice theatre. Then on my actual bday Ian's taking me to dinner at our favorite chinese place at the mall. Yum.

Not much else going on with us. Going to get the oil changed in the car tomorrow. Possibly go to lunch at 620 cafe. and then just relax and maybe watch a movie or two on netflix.

Guess that is all for now.

~Hugs

No comments: