Thursday, June 7, 2012

An update of sorts

So it has been over a month since I was last able to update this blog. So lets see where should I begin. Ok, lets go with the less fun thing of work first. Our company is currently doing shift bids. So it's a lot sooner than I anticipated as you could clearly see from my last post of thinking it would by July/Augustish. It's all good though. Several of the shifts were really good. Now I'm keeping the fingers crossed that we get one of our top choices. I would love any of the top five really. One of the bad things was when I was moved to the different department they converted all my metric data to the new depts standards. The issues per hour is the same but in the previous dept it's lower than the phone team. I heard rumor they are changing that over for us so it might help me move up the ranking system they use to place us on our teams. It won't be a huge jump but anything is better than 15th from the bottom for my tier group. LOL. Once we find out our shifts which should be on Monday I will post them here as well as send an email. They have several teams put together that will combine both sides of the business so of course Ian and I are trying to get on that team first and foremost. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Ok, not really because that is still days away and I'm sure your fingers will get cramped before then. LOL. Now an update to other stuff. We changed the cruise yet again as you can tell by the ticker I have. We pretty much were mainly booking the Princess cruise because of the 4 ports. We wanted a port intensive itinerary but alas they cancelled one of the ports. So when we got an email with Royal Caribbean's dates, the ports are the same but it's over $100 cheaper pp. Plus since Ian and I are members of their loyalty program we will get $25 on board credit. This will also put us just one credit shy of hitting platinum so yay for getting a big discount on balcony rooms. I have started to look into different excursion ideas but haven't booked anything yet. I know for Roatan we will take a taxi to the West Bay area because they have the best beaches for snorkeling from. I'm talking reefs galore that you can reach from shore. I was a little bummed in regards to looking at our calendar today. It has the stuff from when we were going to by flying out to Disney tomorrow for Star Wars weekends. I am mostly glad it didn't work out because with how hot it has been we would have been so hot and miserable. I know we will have a relaxing time on the cruise and it's been over a year since we have been on. I just hope the weather is wonderful for us. Now just have to get through the next 6 months. LOL. So freaking long. I guess that is pretty much it for now. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head right now. Hope everyone is doing well. ~Hugs

No comments: