Sunday, June 24, 2012

Various Ramblings and Mumbles

So today is going to be a post about various things that are going on in our lives right now. First and foremost, our new shifts start today. Ian managed to get a shift that has him working from 3pm - midnight with Thurs/Fridays off and I am working 1:45 - 10:45PM with Sun/Mon off. Ian is going to put in for a shift swap to shifts that would give him Sun/Mon or Mon/Tues off so we can at least have a single day off together. Hopefully he lucks out and gets swapped quickly. The plus side is our hours our close enough now that we can carpool in together instead of having to take two seperate cars. Thank the heavens. Our next bit of rambeling has to do with work. I'm at a point where I'm putting my resume out there and have decided to see if anything bites. What I would love to do is go to school for either my teacher's certificate or get certified to be a travel agent once and for all. I have a lot of joy being around children and planning vacations so if I can do either of them for a living I think I could truly be happy once and for all in my career. While I love to work at the company I'm at, I know the only growth I can do there is to move up the management ladder. There haven't been any openings for the next move up yet, and I'm not getting any younger so feel like I might actually need to take charge once and for all. We will see what happens. I am going to start looking into excursions for the cruise in the coming weeks. I'm hoping to make up my mind on the company we are going to use in Belize for the snorkel trip. I'm also going to look into what beach to use in Roatan. Cozumel we have it pretty easy since we are going to just shop and enjoy the ship. I also need to figure out what nights we are going to do the specialty resturants on board. So freaking excited about this cruise. I think we have decided to take two weeks again for this vacation so we have off the week of the cruise and afterwards to rejuvinate before going back to work again. I guess that is about all for now. Hope everyone that still reads this is doing well. I will post an update probably in a few days after I get to meet my new team mates and once we have our stuff booked for the excursions on this trip. ~Hugs

No comments: